Standard Terms & Conditions of Entry
to all E.B.S.S Events
1. The series is to known as English Billiards Social Series.
2. The EBSS events will be open to all .
3. Prize monies will be paid on the weekend of the tournament.
4. Group matches will be between 45 min and 90 min’s duration , Subject to the entries and facilities available at each event.
5. Knockout Matches will be 1 hr duration & the final 1.1/2 hrs .
6. Group Matches will normally be played on day one of the event. And Knock Out Matches will be played on the second day; there will also be a Plate tournament on the second day.
7. Formal Dress must be worn at all match times i.e. Long sleeved shirt, waist -coat, trousers, and bow tie. The acceptability of the dress code is at the discretion of the Tournament Director and if considered unsuitable the Player may be disqualified.
8. An open unseeded draw will take place at the venue and displayed .
9. The last sixteen open unseeded draw will take place at the dinner on the Saturday Night. Further open unseeded draws will take place for the quarter finals and semi-finals; In addition to these the draws for the tables will also take place.
10. Players will be expected to referee matches during the group stages.
11. Matches from the last sixteen onwards will have referees appointed by the tournament director.
12. Players are advised to report to the tournament director thirty minutes before the start time.
13. If a player is not present at the match table at the stipulated start time the match will be forfeited.
14. Entries will only be accepted upon receipt of a completed entry form and appropriate entry fee; Entry fees are non-refundable.
15. The draw format and match times will be sent out prior to each event ,This may vary subject to entries and facilities available at each event. These will also be displayed on the web-site.
16. Registration on each day of play will be at 10.00am and play to start at 10.30am unless other wise notified.
17. The format of play shall be confirmed on the day by the TD Amendment to the advertised format may be applied were appropriate.
18. All players must agree to abide by any additional conditions imposed by each tournament venue.
19. Practicing will not be permitted at the venue prior to the first match taking place, This applies to each day of play.
20. Players must behave in a manner consistent with their status as a sports person and of the game of English billiards.
21. Dates and venues may be subject to change.
22. The EBSS is open to all players from any part of the world.